Las Vegas, Nevada 89108
Dear Hiring Professional:
I am in search of a medical coding position and I believe that my experience and education will make me a competitive candidate for the position.
I am actively using 3M software to ascertain and log codes into the Healthland Management Database. Coding techniques include inpatient, emergency room, surgery and long-term-care using 3M encoder software and ICD-9/CPT 2010 coding books. My externship includes over 300 hours of training with seasoned coders that have a combined 33 years of experience.
Throughout my career, I have been assigned increasing responsibilities because of my dedication and commitment to professionalism. All concerns are immediately addressed with a high degree of confidentiality in a fast paced, and sometimes challenging, work environment.
I am eager to bring new energy, a positive attitude and fresh perspective to a medical coding position. If my qualifications meet the requirements you are looking for, I would appreciate an opportunity to meet with you. Please feel free to contact me at the above email address or reply to this post.
Thank you for your attention and consideration.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89108
To contribute administrative skills and educational preparation as a Medical Coder
- Graduate AAPC, Certified Professional Coder Apprentice (CPC-A), April 2010
- Ability to code diagnosis and procedures using 3M, ICD-9-CM and CPT 2010
- Experience with inpatient, emergency room, surgery and long-term-care
- Sound knowledge of Healthland Management and Terminal Digit Filing System
- Equally comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively in group efforts
- Exemplary oral and written communications skills, utilized to support findings and query doctors
- Continue my education to maintain knowledge of proper coding guidelines
- Perform procedure diagnosis coding for outpatient and hospital facilities as an Extern
- Code medical claims for Primary Care, Mental Health, Pharmacy, Optometry and Dentistry
- Process 30-40 claims daily while maintaining accuracy and achieving productivity goals
- Provide medical records support including chart assembly, scanning and release of information
- Proficient with Microsoft software including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Proven ability to master new technology
Certified Professional Coder Apprentice (CPC-A), April 2010
B.A. Management, Minor Mathematics
May 1995, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, California
Extern, June 2010-Present, Boulder City Hospital, Boulder City, Nevada
Extern, May-June 2010, Las Vegas Paiute Health & Human Services, Las Vegas, Nevada
Substitute Teacher, 9/09-Present, Clark County School District, Las Vegas, Nevada
New Home Sales Agent, 2/04-8/09, Beazer Homes, Las Vegas, Nevada
General Real Estate Sales, 9/02-2/04, Liberty Realty, Las Vegas, Nevada
Assistant Production Manager, 6/95-3/01, Warner Bros. Television Animation, Sherman Oaks, California
Dear Dr. Myers,
I am writing in response to the Family Medicine Clinic’s ad for a medical biller and believe I am the person for the job. I get along well with other people and understand how a medical practice works. I have a certificate in Medical Billing and Coding and four years of related experience working as a medical biller.
I translate healthcare services into bills to submit to third party payers and government programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. I have a strong understanding of ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS Level II coding. Prior to submitting bills, I verify the codes match the services and I assist other staff in correctly coding services in the medical records.
When insurance companies fail to pay, I resubmit bills and attempt to determine why. My job demands I collaborate with all other staff and work with insurance providers to ensure payment for provided medical services. For private pay individuals, I set up payment plans.
I know I am great as a medical biller and I would be a valuable employee for your practice. I would love to schedule an in-person interview as soon as possible. I invite you to call me or email me to schedule.